Despite its compact size, the UpFront offers equal room for the wheelchair(s) as a much larger van or minivan.
The UpFront also offers:
• Better handling in inner city traffic
• Better fuel economy
• Favorable road tax and insurance premiums
• Substantially lower base price than the larger alternatives
The interior space is maximized by lowering the floor as much as possible.
Nonetheless the ground clearance is not affected, so speed bumps are not a problem.
Via the ramp and spacious rear entrance the lowered floor gives most wheelchairs unobstructed access all the way up to the dashboard.
The ramp in the half open position
Tripod Mobility is always driven by safety, and is therefore one of the few car conversion companies worldwide that has invested in its own test bench. Tripod products are tested according to European standards and have the seal of approval of the Dutch Department of transportation (RDW) .
The UpFront can accommodate virtually every wheelchair. The set up on the front row allows for two wheelchairs, two regular car seats, or one of each.
The lowered floor extends from the tailgate all the way to under the dashboard. The UpFront doesn’t require the use of a lift, because the lowered floor optimizes the accessibility. Optionally the UpFront can be equipped with the NIVO system, which reduces the inclination angle by lowering the rear of the car to the pavement.
The original front seats are mounted on a wheeled frame, for improved removal and reinstalling.
• Lowered floor from tailgate to pedal box
• New fuel tank of app. 55 liters (14.5 gallon)
• Modified exhaust system
• Lightweight ramp, length 95 cm (38 inch)
• Fully upholstered lowered floor
• Easily removable front seats on wheels
• Electric parking brake
• NIVO system that reduces the angle of the ramp by hydraulically lowering the rear of the vehicle.
• Automatic tailgate and ramp, with remote control
• Triflex swiveling & folding seat, left and/or right. (Triflex is a full seat that can swivel and fold for unobstructed wheelchair access)
• Foldable ramp of 130 cm (51 inch)